Webster Area Development Corporation Board of Directors seeks qualified applicants for a full-time executive director of the county-wide economic development organization based in Webster, South Dakota. Salary/benefits negotiable; depends on experience.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter by December 11 via mail to PO Box 6, Webster, SD 57274 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Call (605) 345-3159 or email.
|WADC is an equal opportunity employer|
Works ethically and effectively to provide leadership for the WADC in its mission of increasing economic growth in Webster and Day County, South Dakota. The position prepares a program of work to meet the organization's goals. The Executive Director is responsible for organizational procedures, motivation of volunteers, budgetary issues, planning and maintenance of appropriate databases.
- Develops, proposes and implements programs and services for effective attraction, retention and expansion of businesses and industries.
- Lead contact for prospective inquiries from new businesses and industry.
- Monitors and ensures goals and objectives of WADC are met.
- Develops and implements targeted marketing plans; coordinates the development of image-enhancing marketing materials and web pages.
- Maintains databases and other tools on economic information.
- Identifies and applies for grants; assures effective utilization of identified financing and incentive opportunities.
- Supervises and coordinates special events, functions and programs including hosting business prospects and VIPs to the community and region.
- Submits an annual budget for the approval of the WADC.
- Participates in and recommends strategic planning work for WADC.
- Enhances relationships between WADC and other local, state and federal governmental units.
- Promotes, negotiates, and develops the industrial park lease agreements.
- Other duties as assigned by the WADC board.
- Demonstrates persistence in overcoming obstacles
- Understands the needs and objectives of Webster, Day County and WADC
- Meets deadlines, commitments, and goals
- Self-motivating and works with little oversight
- Demonstrates knowledge of economic and governmental issues
- Identifies and solves problems in a timely manner; is flexible in dealing with delays, changes and unexpected events
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in their work
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Upholds the organization's mission and values
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently in spoken and written form including formal presentations
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex information
- Develops action plans and proposals to RFPs and provides feedback on them
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience and training necessary to carry out economic development in a rural community and surrounding areas. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Access, Word, Excel and Power Point. In addition, the person should know how to navigate the World Wide Web and other relevant computer programs.
**This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be reflections of the principal job elements for this position.